- After the migration, compare the data to be sure it transferred accurately.
- Are there pacing controls such that the migration can have less resources dedicated to it so more important jobs can finish?
- Can the migration be interrupted and then resumed without starting over?
- What configuration changes are required? Can the transition to the migrated device be done seamlessly?
- An interruption on the source or an interruption on the target does not affect the application.
- Write data is written to both the donor system and the target so that a fallback operation will be successful.
Dig deeper on Data management tools
Related Q&A from Randy Kerns
Learn how different scale-out architectures can be good options for providing high availability and easy growth.continue reading
Learn about NAS security and if SAN is more secure than NAS in this expert response.continue reading
Learn the definition of N_Port ID virtualization (NPIV) in this expert response by Randy Kerns.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.