- After the migration, compare the data to be sure it transferred accurately.
- Are there pacing controls such that the migration can have less resources dedicated to it so more important jobs can finish?
- Can the migration be interrupted and then resumed without starting over?
- What configuration changes are required? Can the transition to the migrated device be done seamlessly?
- An interruption on the source or an interruption on the target does not affect the application.
- Write data is written to both the donor system and the target so that a fallback operation will be successful.
Related Q&A from Randy Kerns
What is the one hidden gotcha that you'd advise users about if they were shopping for an all-flash storage array?continue reading
How much control do you have with all-flash storage arrays? How much control do you have over how arrays handle your data? Do you control the caching?continue reading
Vendors often publish numbers for 'usable' capacity versus 'effective' capacity. Can you explain this and how can you plan flash capacity needs with ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.