- After the migration, compare the data to be sure it transferred accurately.
- Are there pacing controls such that the migration can have less resources dedicated to it so more important jobs can finish?
- Can the migration be interrupted and then resumed without starting over?
- What configuration changes are required? Can the transition to the migrated device be done seamlessly?
- An interruption on the source or an interruption on the target does not affect the application.
- Write data is written to both the donor system and the target so that a fallback operation will be successful.
Dig deeper on Data management tools
Related Q&A from Randy Kerns
Learn about NAS security and if SAN is more secure than NAS in this expert response.continue reading
Learn the definition of N_Port ID virtualization (NPIV) in this expert response by Randy Kerns.continue reading
Learn about whether or not cloud storage services are a good choice for primary storage in this expert response.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.