- Meaningful management automation for storage networks will start to arrive that actually helps people plan, install and operate their storage networks.
- "Provisioning" will replace "virtualization" as the new buzzword by the end of the year.
- FC switch vendors continue to disappoint with a lack of compatible functionality to build heterogeneous SANs.
- Adaptec resurfaces as a key company in the industry with iSCSI chipsets.
- Remote mirroring solutions/services begin to move out of the proprietary world into the open systems world.
Related Q&A from Marc Farley
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.