What type of checklist or questions should CIOs ask their storage folks to ensure that the right protections are in place?
2. Is the datacenter secure?
3. Do we trust our employees?
4. Do we use encryption when needed?
5. Are we using iSCSI? Have we looked into iSCSI security methods?
6. Do we replicate data or do we have access to data via remote links?
7. Can anyone dial-in to our SAN?
Editor's note: Do you agree with this expert's response? If you have more to share, post it in one of our .bphAaR2qhqA^0@/searchstorage>discussion forums.
This was first published in October 2003