2008 was a year marked by acquisitions but innovation continued, and the Storage Products of the Year 2008 finalist list reflects that innovation is coming from the big data storage systems vendors as well as smaller, emerging companies.
The data storage systems finalists in this year's storage Products of the Year competition are listed below, in five storage product categories: backup and disaster recovery software, backup hardware, disk and disk subsystems, storage management software and storage networking equipment. The winners will be announced in February.
Backup and disaster recovery software
- Discover the Product of the Year finalists in the Backup and disaster recovery software category.
- Learn more about devising a disaster recovery plan in this comprehensive definition.
- Find resources and disaster recovery tips, tools and techniques on SearchDisasterRecovery.com.
- Find out about the Product of the Year finalists in the Backup hardware category.
- Learn about the state of data backup and backup hardware trends.
Disk and disk subsystems
- Read about the Product of the Year finalists in the Disk and disk subsystems category.
- Learn more about selecting and buying disk drives on LabMice.com.
Storage management software
- Discover the Product of the Year finalists in the Storage management software category.
- Data storage management software enables resellers to offer customers more control over their storage arrays. Learn more about different software and potential solutions in this expert tip.
- Learn about the Product of the Year finalists in the Storage networking equipment category.
- Read about the news from the Storage Networking World conference.
- SearchStorageChannel.com reveals storage networking trends and changes.
This was first published in January 2009